Volunteer Requirements, Opportunities, Reporting
- Annual Plant Sale: Each April the Master Gardeners hold a member-based plant sale (currently indoors at Trinity United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall where we hold our Monday Afternoon Lecture Series). We offer all types of garden plants including shrubs, annuals, perennials, herbs and garden accessories at very low prices. Proceeds from this sale go to our general fund and help to support our program activities such as the Grants and Scholarship programs as well as other community service activities AMGA provides to Aiken County.
- Meet a Master Gardener: The Master Gardeners are at the Aiken Farmers Market from 8:00 A.M. until noon on the first Saturday of each month from April through October. We are there to answer lawn and garden questions and identify plants, weeds, and any other mystery items that the public brings. This is a free service.
- Rent a Master Gardener: For a $50 fee a team of Master Gardeners will visit homes and spend approximately one hour with the homeowner. We will answer homeowner questions and also examine the lawn and garden for problems. After the visit the homeowner will receive a written report detailing our findings and offering suggestions on how to improve or otherwise modify and maintain therr landscape. The proceeds from the RAMG service go to our general fund and help to support our program activities such as the Grants and Scholarship programs as well as other community service activities AMGA provides to Aiken County.
- Aiken County Gardening Almanac: Each year the Aiken Master Gardeners produce a gardening almanac strictly for Aiken County. The information is taken from the hundreds of telephone calls and questions that we receive at the Clemson Extension Center and Meet a Master Gardener sessions and Rent a Master Gardener visits. The almanac has been researched and produced by compiling information these various AMGA-provided services indicating what issues the citizenry of Aiken County are concerned with.. It is the perfect gardening companion for both old and new Aiken residents.
- The Master Gardener Information Desk: Master Gardeners are available in the County Extension office each day, Monday through Friday from 8:30 A.M. until noon to answer questions from the public. Residents may also bring in items to be identified or researched.
- Speaker’s Bureau: Master Gardeners are available to speak to garden clubs, church groups, schools and other organizations on a variety of lawn and garden issues.